Barry, you have this stuff on your character sheet, right? Would you do the honors?
The Fort is a stronghold constructed on a small airstrip from before the Catastrope. It consists of a perimeter wall constructed of ruined airplanes and junk, with a trade Bazaar outside the Fort’s single gate. Within the Fort perimeter there is:
- The old terminal building, which serves as Col. M’Beke’s headquarters and barracks for the Fort’s gang
- A manufactory, including Jess’ junkyard and workshop as well as space where Fort citizens work on making trade goods
- An airplane hangar which serves as the church for the Water Cult led by Sister Harridan
- A tent city for the Fort’s citizens
- Limited gardens and goat pens
The Fort may or may not be in north Texas: dry and dusty, though not quite a desert … the land is just fertile enough for folks to scratch out a living.
- Badlands to the north
- A road connecting to the old interstate, and other settlements, to the south
- Farmland to the east
- Prairie leading to mountains to the west, with spooky lights at night
Fort citizens get a water ration. The handhold is water-efficient — composting toilets, recycled water showers, gray water for garden, et cetera — but part of the terminal’s original plumbing system is still operating.